**In order to best serve our clients and due to a rapid increase in new requests, we will be unable to accept or process new requests until further notice. An application submitted prior to the removal of this message will be denied without review. Thank you for your understanding, and we look forward to serving you in the future.**
To qualify for assistance, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be 20 years of age or younger
- Be a Texas resident
- Have a diagnosed disability
- Have a letter of recommendation from a healthcare professional (therapist, doctor, nurse case manager, etc.) confirming need for requested item or service
- Have pursued other funding options before Chari-T2000 (ex: insurance, personal finances, etc.), including being able to demonstrate a good faith effort in researching price comparisons or asking vendors about financing options or discounts
- Be able to provide denial letter or explanation of non-coverage if applicant has medical insurance or government funding (DARS, MDCP, CLASS, etc.)
- For any requests involving vehicles, vehicle must not be greater than 10 years old or must have fewer than 100,000 mi (VEHICLE MODIFICATION DETAILS)
- Applicants are required to provide a portion of the funding for any approved item that costs over $100.
- For Requests over $3000, applicants are required to apply to at least one other charity to enable Chari-T2000 to partner funds to help meet the applicant’s need. A Social Worker will assist the applicant in identifying other fundraising options. Applicants are encouraged to apply to multiple charities at a time.
How to Apply:
- Click on the Application link below.
- Supporting documents (invoice, recommendation letter, denial letter, etc.) may be uploaded with the application, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to:
2535 Lone Star Dr.
Dallas, TX 75212.
What to Expect:
- Chari-T2000 is a funder of last resort and will help applicants obtain alternate funding if alternate funding is available.
- For requests under $200: applications are reviewed once all requested materials are submitted.
- For requests over $200: applications are reviewed at the end of each QUARTER after all requested materials are submitted.
- Applications that remain incomplete for 3 months will be closed.
- Chari-T2000 reserves the right to refuse and/or limit any request for assistance.
- If an application is denied due to limited funding, applicants can re-apply for the following quarter.
- Applicants are allowed a maximum (lifetime approval) of 3 approved requests or $10,000, whichever is reached first.
- If a request is approved, Chari-T2000 will purchase the requested item or service after the applicant’s financial contribution is received (if applicable) and after Chari-T2000 approval paperwork is signed/submitted.