**As of April 20, 2018, Chari-T2000 is not accepting applications for wheelchair-accessible vehicles or vehicle modifications**
This announcement will be removed when we resume accepting these funding requests
To qualify for assistance, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be 20 years of age or younger
- Be a Texas resident
- Have a diagnosed disability
- Have a letter of recommendation from a healthcare professional (therapist, doctor, nurse case manager, etc.) confirming need for requested item or service
- Have pursued other funding options before Chari-T2000 (ex: insurance, personal finances, etc.), including being able to demonstrate a good faith effort in researching price comparisons or asking vendors about financing options or discounts
- Be able to provide denial letter or explanation of non-coverage if applicant has medical insurance or government funding (DARS, MDCP, CLASS, etc.)
- For any requests involving vehicles, vehicle must not be greater than 10 years old or must have fewer than 100,000 mi (VEHICLE MODIFICATION DETAILS)
- Applicants are required to provide a portion of the funding for any approved item that costs over $100.
- For Requests over $3000, applicants are required to apply to at least one other charity to enable Chari-T2000 to partner funds to help meet the applicant’s need. A Social Worker will assist the applicant in identifying other fundraising options. Applicants are encouraged to apply to multiple charities at a time.
How to Apply:
- Click on the Application link below.
- Supporting documents (invoice, recommendation letter, denial letter, etc.) may be uploaded with the application, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to:
2535 Lone Star Dr.
Dallas, TX 75212.
What to Expect:
- Chari-T2000 is a funder of last resort and will help applicants obtain alternate funding if alternate funding is available.
- For requests under $200: applications are reviewed once all requested materials are submitted.
- For requests over $200: applications are reviewed at the end of each QUARTER after all requested materials are submitted.
- Applications that remain incomplete for 3 months will be closed.
- Chari-T2000 reserves the right to refuse and/or limit any request for assistance.
- If an application is denied due to limited funding, applicants can re-apply for the following quarter.
- Applicants are allowed a maximum (lifetime approval) of 3 approved requests or $10,000, whichever is reached first.
- If a request is approved, Chari-T2000 will purchase the requested item or service after the applicant’s financial contribution is received (if applicable) and after Chari-T2000 approval paperwork is signed/submitted.